What this Standard means for your RTO – The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is the national policy for qualifications in the Australian education and training system. The National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 requires that RTOs comply with the AQF as a condition of their registration. The AQF recognises RTOs as ‘authorised issuing organisations’, able to issue AQF qualifications and statements of attainment to learners who have satisfied the relevant competency requirements. All authorised issuing organisations are required to comply with the requirements of the AQF, including the volume of learning. The AQF has full effect from 1 January 2015.
Clauses 1.1 – 1.4 – Implement a comprehensive training and assessment strategy
The RTO’s training and assessment strategies and practices, including the amount of training they provide, are consistent with the requirements of training packages and VET accredited courses and enable each learner to meet the requirements for each unit of competency or module in which they are enrolled.
For the purposes of Clause 1.1, the RTO determines the amount of training they provide to each learner with regard to:
- the existing skills, knowledge and the experience of the learner
- the mode of delivery; and
- where a full qualification is not being delivered, the number of units and/or modules being delivered as a proportion of the full qualification.
The RTO has, for all of its scope of registration, and consistent with its training and assessment strategies, sufficient:
- trainers and assessors to deliver the training and assessment;
- educational and support services to meet the needs of the learner cohort/s undertaking the training and assessment;
- learning resources to enable learners to meet the requirements for each unit of competency, and which are accessible to the learner regardless of location or mode of delivery; and
- facilities, whether physical or virtual, and equipment to accommodate and support the number of learners undertaking the training and assessment.
The RTO meets all requirements specified in the relevant training package or VET accredited course.
Volume of Learning Webinar – Determine the amount of training required for a particular training program and learn how to use the AQF volume of learning indicators as a benchmark. Click Here